India
A 35-year-old female asked about a male:

my 4 yr old son suffers from itching, rashes and redness after every 7-10 days behind his knees & back of his thighs, hips and elbow joints?

Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
Allergy and Immunology 14 years experience
Eczema: Those areas are the common place of eczema in children. You can try over the counter Hydrocortisone cream a few times a day. Use a lot of moisturizer and visit a local physician if it does not go away.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Atopic dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis is an itch that rashes (as opposed to a rash that itches) - it's the itching that comes first, and scratching it that causes the rash. The itchiest areas are typically the areas you listed, although other areas can be involved. Most kids outgrow it, although an unfortunate minority do not. Treatment depends on location and severity. A dermatologist can help you with that.
Dr. Cheryl Coldwater
Eczema: Eczema is a skin problem which causes dry, itchy skin, especially in the areas you mentioned. It can come and go for years. Bathe with plain water, only mild soap as needed, no scrubbing. Pat dry and apply a good moisturizer (no fragrance, thick, not a watery lotion) regularly. If it worsens and causes raw skin, see your doctor.