U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 54-year-old female asked:

S2 (racepinephrine) cyst with symptoms. doc said removal surgery involves cutting 1 bone n use screws. any simpler n less risky method?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Yes there are: A second opinion helps in a situation like this. There are many different tests doctors can do to find out what this cyst is due to. A need biopsy is often an option instead of cutting lesions like this, surgically. So i would favor your going to a different specialist who deals with cancer(oncologist).
Dr. David Sherer
Anesthesiology 38 years experience
2 nd opinion: I would get a second opinion, especially from a neurosurgeon, if the first doctor is an orthopedist. If the cyst does not bother you, perhaps it can just be observed.
Last updated Sep 19, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.