U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 42-year-old male asked:

Ssri's don't work on me so the psych has more or less told me to self help with my gad they are also weaning me off diazepam ' is this right ?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Self help or non-med: Options. Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy? Behavior modification? Individual psychotherapy? Group psychotherapy? Qi gong? Tai chi? Acupuncture? Acupressure? Homeopathy? Meditation? Yoga? Exercise program? Breathing exercises? Progressive muscle relaxation? Don't just rely on meds to get rid of your symptoms. Take an active and aggressive role in eliminating your anxiety !

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 8, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.