sudden hearing loss following ringing in ears for years. what caused that?

Dr. Michael Armstrong
Facial Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Ask an ENT: It could be nerve damage, fluid or simply wax. An ear, nose and throat specialist can quickly get to the bottom of it and recommend treatment.
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Various reasons: Sudden hearing loss- what was the reason? Loud explosion can rupture ear drum or permanently damage the hearing apparatus. This can also cause annoying ringing in the ear- tinnitus. Or you may have something called menier's disease. You need to get checked by an ent.