can i get narcotics prescribed after suboxone use?

Dr. Vivian Hernandez-popp
Anesthesiology 28 years experience
It depends: Follow up with an addiction specialist is recommended.

Is adipex a kind of narcotic?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
No.: Adipex (phentermine) is an appetite suppressant typically prescribed to help patients lose weight. It is in the class of drugs called stimulants. It is not a narcotic.

My roomate is taken naloxone inplace of saboxone. Is this safe?

Dr. Paul Cohen
No.: Your roommate sounds 'complex' and should not be replacing med a with med b; unless directed by a physician! have your roomie check in with his/her doctor a.S.A.P to reconcile the medical regimen he/she is supposed to be on; and then stick with it!

Does subutex/suboxone help with depression as well?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Not generally: All opioids are actually CNS (central nervous system) depressants. If there ever is any help with depression from that class of medication (methadone & suboxone) it would be the temporary relief they can give in addiction treatment from the overpowering craving to abuse opioids. Even without being addicted opioids like methadone, Suboxone and other opioids can cause depression-like symptoms.

My ex boyfriend is on Suboxone and he screwed up this month-is there anything (legal) he can do to ease the withdrawal symptoms?

Dr. Allen Fein
Specializes in Family Medicine
Get more Suboxone: There is really only one thing for your friend to do now...That is to get in quickly to see his physician and tell him what happened, and to get a new presciption for suboxone. It is to be expected that Suboxone patients will mess up or have issues with treatment, so the physician should not be surprised. Your friend is alive - keeping him on Suboxone is essential to avoid relapse to old ways!

My son is confused and slow and seems to be on drugs still but I watch him tax Suboxone - is this normal?

Dr. Glen Liesegang
Specializes in Family Medicine
Call his doctor: His md who provides his Suboxone needs to know what you are observing since you know your son the best.

Last updated May 8, 2016