what does it mean when you bleed while pooping after drinking?

You may have a: Gastrointestinal bleed - get prompt medical evaluation.

What does it mean if you are bleeding when you are pooping without straining?

Dr. Linda Gromko
Get this checked.: Probably the most common causes of rectal bleeding are hemorrhoids and fissures (tears in the skin of the rectum). But don't take my word that this is why you are having bleeding. Rectal bleeding is a concern that should be taken seriously. Your care provider may refer you for a colonoscopy to look at your colon and be certain that nothing more serious is going on. Lgromko md.

Whenever i defecate i tend to bleed quite profusedly. Is this something I should be worried about?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Absolutely: Rectal bleeding can be a first sign of cancer...So it is not to be ignored. You should go and see your doctor and get an examination done. Often the cause is benign such as hemorroids but you would not know it for certain without an examination by your doctor. So do not delay your check up.

What exactly does it mean when i bleed while pooping?

Dr. Holly Maes
It means...: It means you need an evaluation. Blood in poop is not normal. It could be something as minor as a hemorrhoid and that you are a bit constipated, to something more concerning like inflammatory bowel disease or a polyp.... But you need to sort out why before you can figure out what to do. The solution may be as easy as increasing your fluids and fiber, or treatment may be more involved.
Sylmar, CA

I'm only 16 and i been having a hard time pooping. So i've been bleeding so much now its been months like this. Please help :(?

Dr. Linda Gromko

Last updated Apr 12, 2014