U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

Infected tooth, face a little swollen, what should i do?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
Seek help: Go to a dentist be placed on antibiotics and decide if you want to save your tooth with a root canal or have it extracted.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Dental abscess : The most common type of dental abscess is a periapical abscess (tooth), and the second most common is a periodontal abscess (gums) or combination of both tooth-gum abscess. In order to get appropriate treatment it is important to know the underlying cause for this infection. Rec.: see your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 11, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.