U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

How do i overcome fear?

4 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Any psychotherapy: Any form of psychotherapy can help with phobias. Hypnosis is one form of psychotherapy and as such can be useful in dealing with your phobia. See a trained therapist who is a member of the american society for clinical hypnosis if this is the modality of therapy you wish to try.
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology 46 years experience
Fear: It is important to understand the cause of your fear and then develop means of coping more effectively. Confide in those close to you to see if you can resolve these fears, if not consult a mental health professional who can help you unravel the puzzle and create better ways of coping. Best.
Dr. Michael Simpson
Clinical Psychology 25 years experience
Therapy: Therapy with a trained cognitive behavioral therapist can be very effective. Approaching your fear using small steps and relaxation tools will help. Remember not to avoid your fear but approach it without escaping.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
You OVERCOME fear: by FACING it. In medical school I took all the rotations that scared me the most. I figured that way - I would become proficient enough that those areas of medicine would no longer be intimidating to me.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Exactly. To be brave, act brave.
Apr 2, 2016

Similar questions

A 34-year-old member asked:

How do I overcome the fear of failure?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Grace Ho
Dr. Grace Hoanswered
Clinical Psychology 17 years experience
Set the right goal: Set realistic goals that you can reach, make sure you have enough support from others so that you can overcome your fear and get opportunities to proof to yourself that you can succeed, too.
A 42-year-old member asked:

How can I overcome a fear my biggest fear?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
If it's an: irrational fear that interferes with everyday living than consider: Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Behavioral Therapy, psychotherapy, or hypnosis to deal with it.
A 34-year-old member asked:

How can I overcome fear or nervousness?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Psychotherapy: This is a problem the most therapists have experience with. I'm confident you can find someone to help you with it and if there are no other issues, it can be a fairly brief treatment. Best!

Related questions

A 24-year-old female asked about a 29-year-old female:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 26, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.