how do i overcome my intense fear of needles (shots)?

Pathology 49 years experience
Counseling: It may help to see a psychiatrist or psychologist for counseling.
Phobia tx: consider Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavior Therapy, Psychotherapy, Exposure therapy (imaginal exposure therapy, systematic desensitization, flooding, prolonged exposure therapy, in vivo exposure therapy) or hypnosis as possible options. Psychotropic medications are some times indicated as well.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
CBT: Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias. One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.