How can i stop feeling guilty about things im not getting done?

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Unrealistic goals: Perhaps part of your problem is that you set unrealistic goals for yourself and then feel disappointed in yourself (and guilty) when you can't meet your self-imposed deadlines. Alternatively, if procrastination is a problem, then breaking down tasks into more bite-size (and do-able) pieces might help a lot. Remember: forgive yourself again and again and again. Admittedly, it's hard to do!

Answered 10/3/2016

6.1k views

Realistic goals: Set realistic goals with reasonable time frames. For the things that cannot get done in the 1st time frame, make a new goal in a new time frame. Go to your final goal like going up a step ladder. Put your guilt to work making a plan to get things done over several time periods. If you are very stressed about your situation or if the suggestion above doesn't work, see a therapist.

Answered 11/8/2015

5.6k views