does acabies affect inside the mouth?

Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Periodontics 32 years experience
No: Scabies is an itchy skin condition caused by a tiny burrowing mite called sarcoptes scabiei. These mites do not infect the oral cavity (mouth).

Sometimes I get a sour taste in my mouth when I bend over. Should I be worried?

Dr. Howard Hack
No worries: This sounds like mild acid reflux. If this occurs only when bending over, i would just be more cautious with the bending. If you are having other symptoms of heartburn or if the sour taste becomes more prominent with other or no activities, then it should be brought up with your doctor.

Is safe to give mouth to mouth on a healthy person?

Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Yes: It is safe to give mouth to mouth respirations to healthy and not so healthy people. Very few (if any) infections could be transmitted by mouth to mouth breathing. That said, many people do not feel comfortable performing mouth to mouth breathing, particularly on a stranger. If this is the case, chest compression only CPR (no mouth breathing) has been shown to be an effective way to perform cpr.

I have a lot of spit in my mouth constantly. Is this normal? How can I reduce the amount of spit my mouth is producing?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Allergies?: Maybe it is simply drainage from your nose leading to excessive oral secretions. It could also be that the salivary glands are over-active. I would first see an allergist to determine if it is allergies, then seek further support if it is your salivary glands.

How do untreated cavities affect your mouth?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Untreated Cavities: Teeth destruction, also called dental caries (cavities) is due to chronic bacterial infection. Untreated dental decay may lead to loss of teeth, gum disease, absorption of jaw bone, and uncommonly abscesses around the teeth. Abscesses, while uncommon, can lead to serious infections in the neck, jaw, and may spread into the bloodstream, causing infection of heart valves. See a dentist.

Has anyone heard of or suffered from burning mouth?

Pathology 44 years experience
Yes: This can be very troublesome. I had herpangina and this was the worst aspect of the illness (lasted for months), and many people have it much more severely. If no cause (hormones, meds, GI reflux, xerostomia / sjogren's) is found, a good multivitamin may help. Topical anesthetics and lozenge Clonazepam are used & sometimes it resolves by itself.