Bloomingburg, New York

I have a bump in the middle on the roof of my mouth. for thelast 4 days, i noticed it was sore and had a little red cut or sore on it. is it serious? could it be torus palatinus?

Dr. Stephen Gordon
44 years experience
Possible injury : If you have had this hard bump for a long time, then it is probably a torus. You may have scratched/ irritated it with hard food or burned it from hot food or drink and now you may have a swelling due to infection. See you dentist to evaluate and treat your problem you could place orabase b on the surface to protect the area and reduce discomfort.
Dr. Husam Bezreh
Specializes in Periodontics
Not necessiraly: It could be trauma, especially if you do have torus palatinus, which is not uncommon. It is better to get this confirmed by your dentist though.
Dr. Kari Sakurai
Dentistry 33 years experience
Possibly: See your dentist for a proper diagnosis. Tori are common in 20% of the population and can be exacerbated by bruxism of minor trauma. However other conditions could contribute to your symptoms and would ne nest addressed with an examination.

Last updated Oct 24, 2017