Hemphill, TX

chest ct scan shows calcification of the aortic arch: would this or could this be the cause of tia's ? i had 3 mini strokes pretty close together.

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Atherosclerotic : Ulcerated plaque in the ascending aorta can embolize material and cause TIA or cva.
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Possibly: The calcification of the aortic arch is an indicator of the vascular disease that the patient had. Hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and smoking all contribute to calcification of the blood vessels. If there is calcification in the aortic arch, there are likely to be calcifications elsewhere in the vessels of the brain. Vascular disease in the brain can lead to tias and strokes.