My doctor precribed prednisone for one week for plantar fasciitis i am scared of side effects. what are they?

Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry 40 years experience
Prednisone: Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the facial band on the bottom of your foot.... Prednisone is a steroidal anti- inflammatory.. It is used to bring down the inflammation of the fascia and decrease your pain.
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry 40 years experience
Provided original answer
side effects of prednisone are very small, when only taken for a few days....a little water gain, nausea....to mention a few.
Mar 23, 2012
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Rheumatology 33 years experience
Few: Steroids can have very scary side effects associated with them. The key to remember though is that steroids will have more side effects when they are used for long periods of time and if the dosages are high. A weeks worth of steroids should be safe. Watch for stomach upset and if your a diabetic sugars can go up. Again, short term use is usually the safest way to use prednisone.