U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

Temporary filling fell out replace, what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic 38 years experience
Get treatment: You should get the definitive restoration for the best seal and longest life of the restoration, whatever it might be.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 38-year-old member asked:

Temporary filling fell out after root canal, what can I do?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jack Binder
Specializes in Dentistry
Get it fixed!: Root canal treatment must be followed up with a definitive restoration of the tooth. A leak into the root canal filling could cause a failure of the root canal treatment. Also, teeth that have had root canal treatment are more likely to break and must have a strong final restoration placed to help prevent this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
What does it feel like if part of your filling fell out?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
When would fillings need to be replaced?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
How often should composite fillings be replaced?
4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.