India

Pain in upper back with painful spots to touch b/w shoulder blades and spine, 1.5 months, chest ct normal. am a smoker, can this be lung cancer

Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
Normal CT: With a normal chest ct it is doubtful.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
I doubt: With the normal chest ct, I do not think that it is lung cancer. Obviously, i strongly recommend you to quit smoking to decrease your risk from getting lung cancer in the future. Painful areas on your upper back could be caused by muskulo skeletal problems- such as arthritis, inflammation on the joint , soft tissue, disk, muscle problems etc. D/w your md further. Blood work, x-ray can be helpful.
Dr. Lawrence Hochman
Radiation Oncology 31 years experience
Not likely: With a normal ct of the chest, at this point it's unlikely to be cancer of the lung, but there are other causes of upper back pain that need to be investigated. See your doctor for examination and stop smoking!

Last updated Sep 20, 2019