My daughter has threadworms. took her first dose of ovex suspension mebendazole how long will this take to kill them off ?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Please see Below: Treatment is done in two cycles. The worms are killed early on but eggs laid. The second cycle is to make sure that even medication of the worms has occurred. There is an excellent website called patient.Co.Uk. On there you can look up some other information just in case it hasn't been relayed to you. It consists of all of the measures that you need to treat this condition including how to take care of your household where eggs have obviously been dropped. This is very important to fully eradicate the threadworms or pinworms as they are also called. Good luck to you and your daughter and i hope that this infection clears up soon. One website that i saw also said that everyone in the household should be treated. I would contact your physician regarding that as well.

Answered 1/23/2021

4.9k views

Repeat dose in 2 wks: The single dose treatment is often repeated after 2 weeks, in order to treat eggs that hatched since the original treatment.

Answered 1/31/2017

4.9k views