U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 20-year-old female asked:

Saw a specialist about my graves' disease and my t4 went from 49 to 48.3 in four months and he refuses to do surgery, what option do i have left?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Uzma Chaudhry
Internal Medicine 20 years experience
Ablation: Ask your doctor about getting radioactive iodine ablation of the thyroid, which is like a "chemical surgery" where the thyroid/goiter is removed using radioactive iodine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.