the Colony, TX

i am 32 weeks pregnant and having a sever allergy with itchy and watery eyes and runny nose. what should i do?

Simple Rx / OB infm: Some simple antihistimines like Diphenhydramine (benedryl), loritadine (claritin) or citerazine (zyrtec) are considered safe to use during pregnancy. Topical otc eye products like zaditor (ketotifen) are also ok. Your OB should be informed so s/he can head off any drug interactions with meds s/he might prescribe.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Ask your doctor: Although there are several over-the-counter allergy medications, some may not be appropriate if you are pregnant. Ask your obstetrician what alternatives he/she can suggest.