why does my knee need to be drained of fluid?

Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Knee fluid: Most of the time to reasons. One is to diagnose the condition. One is to relieve the pressure symptoms if you have a lot of fluid.

How do you treat chondroblastoma of the knee?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Hematology and Oncology 37 years experience
Surgery: Chondroblastomas of the knee are usually removed surgically. Bone grafting may be required.

How long will it take to heal a broken knee?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery 20 years experience
About 3 months: When you say "knee", that could be many types of fractures. If it is a tibial plateau fracture (a fracture of the top part of the tibia), those fractures generally heal in about three months. The healing time can be affected by the health of the patient (smokers and diabetics tend to heal more slowly). Also, the severity of the fracture can impact the healing time. 10-12 weeks is a good estimate.

How could I know if my knee is broken ?

Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Ray Holt answered
Get an x-ray: You should have pain upon weight bearing, and you may have swelling and bruising. It's hard to say though if it's just bruised or broken without an x-ray.

I need help with diagnosing knee symptoms. Who do I see?

Dr. Gaston Moran Celayes
Dr. Gaston Moran Celayes answered
Primary care phys: I'd recommend to see a primary care physician. Sometimes the problem can be resolved at this point. But sometimes he/she needs to refer you to different specialists and that depends on the type of symptoms/signs he/she can find during the encounter. This specialist could be an orthopedic surgeon, a rheumatologist, a podiatrist, etc. Depending on the case.

How is fluid drained from the knee?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Via needle aspiratio: Check out material from aafp re knee joint aspiration: http://www.Aafp.Org/afp/2002/1015/p1497.Html. You can also watch youtube videos of knee joint aspiration: http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=clmfivdtope. Common point (pun intended): fluid drained from knee (and any other joint) using a needle & syringe after numbing medication & cleaning area off.