why does my tongue crack no the side?

Dr. David Mcnay
Dentistry 26 years experience
So many options: Your cracked tongue could be due to many things. The best diagnosis is from your dentist. Among the possibilities, fissured tongue, geographic tongue, clenching and grinding your teeth and others. You could also have a growth of some sort so find a definitive answer from someone who is knowledgable and follow-up-able. Peace, .
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Need exam to know: There are several reasons and it is necessary to look at your tongue to be able to answer your concern. See a dentist and have your tongue examined. This will give you the answer.
Dr. Colin Smith
Dr. Colin Smith commented
Dentistry 30 years experience
One of the most common causes in Geographic tongue, a benign condition that many people have. If it gets sore there are treatments that can help it feel better.
Sep 3, 2013