is it ok to give a 10 month old children's advil (ibuprofen)?

Yes: Advil (ibuprofen) is routinely used after the age of 6 months.

Can my child get vaccines if she has an egg allergy?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Yes: Only mmr, chickenpox, and flu vaccines have any egg in them at all, and the amount is so tiny that even in highly egg allergic children, serious reactions are extremely rare.

Is it safe to get the hepatitis b vaccine while pregnant or as a small child?

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes, and recommended: If you have not been vaccinated, it is strongly recommended, and all children should receive the vaccine. If you are not vaccinated, and are exposed to the infection, you can develop liver disease and/or cancer.

My child has had strep. Throat before, and he has tics and/or ocd. Does that mean he has pandas?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Not enough: Panda's requires periodic flare-ups of tics/ocd associated with recent infection and elevated antistreptocccocal antibodies - aso and antidnase - that elevated when the symptoms flare. Your doctor is the only one who can diagnose panda's.

I have gastroenteritis (stomach flu) is it okay to take ibuprofen?

Dr. Ron Jones
NO: In my humble opinion, the answer is no. Ibuprofen is well known to be a gastrointestinal irritant.

What are the chances of a child with generalized dystonia affecting mainly the feet and legs developing other types of dystonia, like cervical dystonia?

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Cristina Carballoanswered
Neonatology 39 years experience
Possibly: Generalized dystonia can progress to affect other areas. However, cervical dystonia appears to be specific and not necessarily caused by progression from the generalized form. A pediatric neurologist might be able to help with diagnosis and possible treatments.