Ireland

Hi, using differin (adapalene) on my chin only, for acne. is it ok to get laser hair removal on bikini and underarms while using it. don't get laser on my face.

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology 29 years experience
Yes but be careful: You can keep using differin (adapalene) on the chin as long as you're not have laser in that area. Differin (adapalene) and other similar products such as tretinoin can irritate the skin after laser treatment so if you get laser hair removal on the chin or face you would want to hold off on using it for a few days until your skin is no longer sensitive.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
Not a problem: This should not be a problem for the bikini line or underarms.
Last updated May 15, 2019