U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

I have a swollen cheek and terrible pain.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Rea Middleton
Dentistry 15 years experience
Go see a dentist: If your cheek is swollen and you have pain there is good chance you have a dental infection go see a dentist. Dental infection is very serious and if you have swelling you need medical attention. The dentist should take a few xrays of the area and be able to let you know if the infection is tooth or gum related.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 5, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.