Nigeria

How does silicone oil left in my eye after detached retina surgery affect my sight?

Dr. Matthew Goren
33 years experience
Severely: The silicone oil will affect the sight, but eventually it can be removed. Also, the retinal detachment which required silicone oil was likely severe and that will affect your sight even more.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
Blurry: It will leave the vision blurry until it is removed depending on the condition of the retina.
Dr. Bernard Godley
Retinal Surgery 33 years experience
Farsighted: Silicone oil induces far sightedness while it is in the eye. This will be reversible when it and when is removed.
Last updated Mar 29, 2021