Bosnia and Herzegovina

I had retinal detachment in left eye. now i have new iol and heavy silicone oil. vision is little blurry and wonky. its normal for silicone oil? also im light sensitive. thanks so much?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Do you mean you had silicone band as the treatment for the left eye retinal detachment? Was that done at the same time with the cataract surgery with lens implant? Your vision will not be as clear after the retinal detachment as before even with treatment and I wonder how long the surgery was done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Rosberger
Retinal Surgery 32 years experience
There is almost always some vision deficit after a retinal detachment even if successfully repaired. Needing cataract surgery at the time of RD repair or shortly thereafter is not unusual either. If they used silicone oil rather than gas at the conclusion of the surgery you will need it removed at some point in an additional procedure. Once the silicone oil is removed, vision may improve somewhat
Last updated Sep 25, 2021