Bosnia and Herzegovina

I had retinal detachment before 4 months. now i have silicone oil in eye and new iol. vision is blurry but with +2 glasses vision is better. if silicone is clear substance why vision is blurry? thank you?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Only your local Drs can help with this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. George Yanik
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
first your retina is still healing and that will take some time. Next the index of refraction of the silicone oil (how the light bends when passing thru the silicone oil) is higher than the vitreous that once filled the eye. I hope that the vision will heal once the oil is removed and the retina heals.
Last updated Apr 23, 2021