SE

what are the main causes of shortness of breath? i don't feel any other symptoms except that it feels hard and slightly heavier to breath. any idea?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Dyspnea: Shortness of breath can be from several causes, heart and lung issues are first, such as asthma, heart failure, etc. It is can also be secondary to stomach problems, such as gastritis and acid reflux. Chronic nasal congestion from allergies can also cause shortness of breath. Anemia is also another cause, the list is endless.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Many causes: There are so many causes! pulmonary disease including asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia and pulm. Embolism. Heart disease: especially heart failure and angina; systemic causes such as anemia, thyroid excess, and acidosis (like from diabetes. Other causes include hyperventilation, panic attack, foreign body, airway obstruction. This is the short list!