Do i need to change the way i run or my running shoes?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 23 years experience
It depends...: Your question does not mention your problem, but the general rule for updating running shoes is every 300-500 miles, every 9-12 months or sooner if there is significant wear of the tread on the sole. Changing running style can include a shorter/longer stride, cadence (steps/minute), how you footstrike, etc. Consult with a sports medicine physician to help you answer these questions!
Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 47 years experience
More info needed: To receive an answer that will be more helpful for you , you need to give more information...Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns.You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better.Also tells us what it looks like..Is it discolored, swollen or point tender.The more you tell the better the answer.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 49 years experience
Shoes: It is very difficult to change running style.