A member asked:

Who can help heal lower back pulled or tore muscle? a doc or chiro?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Le answered

Specializes in Pain Management

The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement ... If you just need an adjustment or soft tissue treatment, you might benefit from chiropractic therapy. If you pain is not improved with chiropractic therapy, you should see a doctor for evaluation.

Answered Dec 10, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Richard Bensinger answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

If you have sprained or torn a muscle, then start with an orthopod or physiatrist to have this evaluated and a pathway of relaxation and treatment offered to allow this to heal. Chiropractors offer a deep massage but not actual diagnosis or treatment. It is based on an ancient and outmoded theory of disease long since proven incorrect.Time will correct your problem mostly.

Answered Feb 16, 2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor