A 18-year-old member asked:

My uterous area hurts sometimes its like someone is squeezing it. do i see a ob/gyn for this kind of thing?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nicole Bressler
Dr. Nicole Bressleranswered
Emergency Medicine 11 years experience
Yes: There could be many reasons why you are experiencing cramping, depending on whether you have it all the time or just before your periods. An ob/gyn can help figure out the cause and the right treatment that is best for you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 32 years experience
Possibly: If you only ocasionally have this feeling it may just be normal for you. Some women will have discomfort around ovulation and / or cramps with the periods - other possible sources for your symptoms include the bowel or bladder as well. If you feel that the symptoms are a problem for you, then you should be seen for evaluation and management, or even just for reassurance if everything is normal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.