i went to the doctor today for a heart problem and before i left they asked what number they could contact me at..is this normal?

Dr. Holly Maes
36 years experience Pediatrics
Yes: If you need follow-up, lab or x-ray results, or if the doctor needs more information or to talk to you about your specific case, we need to know how to get hold of you. You wouldn't believe how many people give us bogus information and then something pops up on their condition and we have no way to contact them. So i always ask how to get in touch with patient so that i don't have to spend hours.
Answered on Aug 18, 2013