Portugal

i am on strontium ranelate for severe osteoporosis, how long does it take to stop bone loss, and how long before i start to build new bone. ?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Strontium will help: A little, but if u have severe osteoporosis u need a script med, Prolia is a twice yearly sub q injection that works great. Please ask your doctor. Also if you are on tamoifen that shoudld help the bones also.
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Talk to your doctor: Studies have shown that strontium can have positive effects (both stopping bone loss and building bone) within 6 months. However, a recent announcement by the european medicines agency recommends restricted use of strontium due to risk for adverse cardiac events, so you should discuss your strontium prescription with your physician: http://www.Medscape.Com/viewarticle/782483.