Rochester, NY

I just got my 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed on monday. 8/12 there's a bump on my cheek that formed and that side is swollen. should i be worried?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Post op swelling: If the swelling occurred overnight on the day the wisdom teeth were removed, and it's going down each day, it's probably normal. If the swelling has increased then you definitely need to call the surgeon and let him\her know. It might be infected. No matter what, we cannot tell you for sure what's going on. Therefore you need to call your surgeon right away.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Best to call DDS: Most likely it's a bit of post operative swelling, but it's hard to tell over the internet. It is unknown ho difficult the extractions were, extent of suturing, etc, etc. Let the surgeon who extracted them determine if it is infected and needs an antibiotic. Feel better soon...
Last updated Jan 23, 2022