United Arab Emirates

how accurate is ultrasound done at 20 weeks for gender determination of fetus. is obstretics ultrasound with same accuracy. same question for 22 wks?

Dr. Gregory Hines
Mostly accurate: Ultrasounds at that point in your pregnancy is generally accurate. Remember, however, that the presence of a penis to diagnose a male is generally easier than the lack of one to diagnose a female. As one of my teachers once observed, "some boys are shy".
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 47 years experience
Depends.: My rule has always been: don't guess! if the fetus is in a poor position for viewing the genitals then no determination can be made. At 20 weeks, if the genital region is visible there is a very high level of accuracy for gender determination. It all depends on the skill of the person doing the scan.