Canada

i just chewed hard on a kernel of popcorn and it hurt the left side of my teeth and jaw. the pain is moving on to my temple and is now hurting my head. am i going to be ok?

Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry 24 years experience
Fracture: There is a chance thsth you have fractured a tooth. Please havr a dentisy evaluatr the condition. You can take some ibuprophen or.Tylenol.
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 51 years experience
Popcorn kernal: You probably fractured a tooth. This is one of the most common causes of fractured teeth. The fracture may be severe enough to have injured the nerve, which would cause referred pain to your jaw and head. Even if the pain subsides, with or without pain medication, you should have the tooth examined by your dentist for necessary treatment.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Cracked tooth: You may have cracked or broken a tooth when you bit on the popcorn kernel. You would problably notice it if you broke part of the tooth , but if you just cracked the tooth you would not notice anyting missing or broken off just the pain, which could be intense. See a dentist as soon as you can. In the meantime you can take some ibuprophen for pain and avoid eating on that side.