U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A 19-year-old female asked:

I played cricket on sunday. have part of lower shin on inside that feels bruised to touch. severly painful to run up the stairs/ uncomfortable to walk?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
May be impact: You may have been hit there and not noticed it at the time--in which case it should improve in a few days to week, quicker with cold compresses to area periodically and advil (ibuprofen) or other NSAID for pain relief. If persists beyond a week, see your dr for exam.
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 24 years experience
Tendinitis?: It could be a tendon problem, tendinitis, degeneration, or even a rupture - see a doctor.
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Are you sure you didn't strike it with the racket or the ball .
Sep 18, 2013
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Looks like a contusion bad bruise Rest ice compress it and elevate . It should get better in a week .If it doesn't progressively get better go see your medical physician good luck thank you
Sep 18, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.