United Kingdom (Great Britain)

i played cricket on sunday. have part of lower shin on inside that feels bruised to touch. severly painful to run up the stairs/ uncomfortable to walk?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
May be impact: You may have been hit there and not noticed it at the time--in which case it should improve in a few days to week, quicker with cold compresses to area periodically and advil (ibuprofen) or other NSAID for pain relief. If persists beyond a week, see your dr for exam.
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 23 years experience
Tendinitis?: It could be a tendon problem, tendinitis, degeneration, or even a rupture - see a doctor.
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Are you sure you didn't strike it with the racket or the ball .
Sep 18, 2013
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Looks like a contusion bad bruise Rest ice compress it and elevate . It should get better in a week .If it doesn't progressively get better go see your medical physician good luck thank you
Sep 18, 2013