U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hopewell Junction, NY
A 50-year-old female asked:

I have calcific tendinitis. i've done pt and 3 cortisone shots. still in pain. dr said its to small to find and i will have to live with it. help me ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 54 years experience
Not true.: If you truly have calcific tendinitis the area can be successfully injected under ultrasound guidance. Find an orthopedist or rheumatologist who uses ultrasound.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 13, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.