Erie, PA

I found a small bump under my eye on my upper cheek area. it's under the skin which is a bit red, and sore to the touch. help me please?

Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 47 years experience
Sore bump: It may be a cyst or chalazion or pimple. See your doctor for treatment. Meanwhile give it warm soaks. It is possible it will need to be incised and drained.
Dr. Kang Zhang
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Many possibilities: If its on the lower eyelid, it could be a style or chalazion. It is best to use warm compresses 2-3 times per day and these usually go away on their own. If it is on the cheek, it may be a papule or pustule like in acne. It would need to be evaluated to be certain of the diagnosis.

Last updated Dec 31, 2016