i'd like to ask can my dexa scan report be useful to my doctor who want to see my xray. is dexa scan serve as a xray ?

Dr. Eva Duckett
30 years experience Radiology
Maybe: Dama: the DEXA does take a scan of your bones, but it does not replace a regular x-ray. In fact, often if there is something seen on dexa, a true x-ray will be recommended to further evaluate. On the other hand, the DEXA report will give your doctor a good idea of the status of your overall bone health and whether your bones are beginning to thin or not. I recommend that you do the xray too.
Answered on Feb 19, 2015