how can i sleep comfortably if i broke my 5th toe bone today?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See below: Splint the 4th & 5th toe together to stabilize it and elevate the foot and take 2 aleve (naproxen) for the pain.
Dr. Chuc Dang
Podiatry 35 years experience
Buddy splint: To keep comfortable during sleep with a broken 5th toe, tape the broken toe to the 4th toe next to it (buddy splint) and wear a post-op shoe--or rigid sole shoe-- before going to bed. A post-op shoe aka a surgical shoe can be purchased at a podiatrist's office or a hospital e.R or certain pharmacies. You can also find it online by visiting websites such as darco.Com or alimed.Com.
Dr. Stephen Geller
Podiatry 30 years experience
I respectfully disagree. Splinting toes together, buddy splinting, still allows motion at the fracture. It is best to splint the toe to your foot to prevent motion. Most podiatrists should be able to teach you how this is done.
Aug 16, 2013
Dr. Todd Schafer
Podiatry 33 years experience
R.I.C.E.: With any kind of fracture or sprain, remember to rest, ice, compress and elevate along with anti-inflammatory medications is your best bet for sleep at night.

Last updated Oct 23, 2017