my son will be a year next month and i havnt breast fed him at all. and i still have tons of milk coming out. what do i do?

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD and Autism 25 years experience
Further evaluation : It is not typical to produce large amounts of milk for an entire year with no breastfeeding to stimulate production. You would expect to have engorgement and some discomfort several days to a week or two after delivery followed by gradual relief if there was no feeding to stimulate further production. A visit with your doctor for an exam and possible blood work is needed.