Morgan Hill, CA

Knee makes a snapping motion when i put my hand over my knee cap stops till it makes a loud snap then stops with the sound hurts a little that normal?

Dr. Nolan Segal
No: The pain is not normal. Snapping without pain is common. The problem could be a plica or a patellar alignment issue. You should do quadriceps strengthening.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
No not: This condition happen when you have arthritis between the thigh bone and the knee cap, when arthritis set in the joint the joint start to have rough service which cause friction which cause the noise and the pain with it. God luck. Thank you.
Last updated Aug 29, 2013