U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Brooklet, GA
A 26-year-old male asked:

hi i did an resting electrocardiogram not long ago on the remarks the cardio doctor wrote normal but now my family doctor called me .what can it be?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Any number of things: Need more info as it could be any number of things, including confirmation that it's still normal. See what your family doctor says and if you still have questions, re-ask on healthtap.
Dr. Sharon Bass
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Probably nothing: In our office, when we order a test, we always call the patient with the results, whether the test was normal or not. If you get an ekg, it gets read by a cardiologist and even if that doctor told you it was normal, we still call just to make sure there are no missed test results.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

What can I do to enhance my sleep while on bed rest?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Mental exercises: Just like physical activity can get you tired, so can mental activity. Women on bedrest may have sleep distrubances because their routine has changed. Try doing things that keep your mind active. Do not watch tv. Work from home if you can. Write a book (about bedrest), do puzzles, read, volunteer to do your relatives tax returns.
A 33-year-old member asked:

If I have an amniotic sac condition will I need bed rest?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Kramer
Gynecology 36 years experience
Yes: Low amniotic fluid or if there is premature rupture of the sac causing a leak will often prompt the recommendation of bed rest. This helps your baby develop unless the situations deteriorates which may prompt delivery.
A 21-year-old member asked:

Why did my doctor put me on Prozac (fluoxetine) if im not depressed?

2 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Fishman
Dr. Brian Fishmananswered
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Other Reasons: Although most people associate Prozac or fluoxetine with depression, it has a number of indicated uses. Among the fda-labeled indications are bulimia, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Non-fda labeled indications include fibromyalgia, raynaud's phenomenon, postraumatic stress disorder, and even hot flashes.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
Philippines
A 26-year-old female asked:

What will be the effect if you did not complete the vaccination of your baby?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
They are at risk: The cases of whooping cough have increased from 2, 500/yr in the 90's to about 40, 000/yr since the misinformation about vaccines began circulating.More than 30 preventable pertussis deaths have occurred in 2013 as well as many from measles & other vaccine preventable causes.As long as there is air travel, any germ from the world can be in your mall today & be spread to your kid within hours.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.