Puerto Rico

Is it normal to feel dizzy during my period? my hemoglobin is on 12, so it can't be anemia.

Dr. Louis Cooper
No: It is never normal to be dizzy. You need to check with your physician---are your periods very heavy? Are you drinking sufficient fluids? Are you on any medications that may contribute to dizziness? Do your periods cause you to be anxious? Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 21 years experience
It is not normal...: To feel dizzy because of blood loss from menses. You need to be seen by your doctor so that you can work toward identifying the cause of this abnormal response and correcting it. Fyi, your hemoglobin of 12 g/dl corresponds to an hematocrit of around 36%. While not terrible, this is not a normal value. Please see your physician as soon as you can. It's definitely in your best interest.
Last updated May 21, 2015