Beaver Dam, WI

I have a 'solid' 3.1 x 2.2 cm cyst on my left ovary. my doctor recommended a laparoscopic salpingo-oophorectomy. is this the correct recommendation?

Dr. Scott Grover
Surgery 27 years experience
YES: This is an appropriate recommendation. Once he looks at the cyst he may be able to save the ovary and take only the cyst, but it is best to plan for removal of the ovary. He could also find things that require more than removal of the ovary & tube. That is not so common and hopefully you won't have that experience. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 10, 2014