Kansas City, MO

treated a long standing pain and numbness at right scapula with chiropractic, massage therapy and acupuncture. pain moved to the front of shoulder?

Pain perception: One of two things may have occurred. Often when there are multiple "pain" sites, the body/ brain only perceives the pain of the highest intensity. When that source of pain is removed or diminished then the individual will begin to perceive other areas of pain. It can create an illusion that the pain moved. It is an interesting phenomena. Another possibility is "functional" trigger points. As >>.
Provided original answer
range of motion is increased in one area - other areas which were impacted by this are now being stretched or carried differently. An example - I had ear acupuncture which caused my chest to open up by several inches. This was great. BUT, my back muscles were used to being scrunched up & as a result I developed some very painful trigger points on my back. If worked out over time. Take care.
Jul 27, 2013
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Ortho eval: Shoulder mri, and general medical evaluation is what i would recommend. I think you need to increase the level of commitment to finding the cause.