A member asked:

Burned arm wk ago. at least 2nd degree. now hurts a lot and is becoming more red and is hot to touch. can er do anything i can't do at home?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Alvin Lin answered

Specializes in Geriatrics

You don't necessarily need to go to er but at least check in w/your family doc to see if you have an infection at burn site. My concern is that burn should hurt less, become less red, and not be hot to touch after a week. You're describing signs of infection. So go see your family doc for an inperson evaluation asap.

Answered Jul 27, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor