U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old female asked:

How to best treat an open sore. it's from an iv injection . its located on my leg/thigh and is about the size of a pea, the open part is.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Internal Medicine 32 years experience
By a doctor: It is better to have a doctor at and decide if incision and drainage is the best option. Also evaluate other risks with IV drugs and recommend appropriate help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.