Plano, TX

how many days can you use xibrom for simple eye inflammation. is there a generic version. can it be use on one eye only.

Dr. Richard Wieder
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Use of Xibrom: Xibrom can be used for weeks or longer if necessary, either in one or both eyes. It is available in a generic version.
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 30 years experience
Generics not always the best idea.In the not to distant past a generic NSAID was use in place of brand name. Severe damage was done to the eye.
Jul 15, 2013
Dr. Richard Hector
Ophthalmology 9 years experience
Safety: Branded drugs in this category are much safer than the generics. If you have not noticed any improvement from the xibrom within 3-5 days, you should be re-evaluated by your eye care professional.